Monday 15 January 2007

Oh My God!

If I could give one piece of advice it would be that dropping a TV onto your brand New Xbox 360 is not a good idea.

Yeah guess what happened to me when I got home…

I was taking the DVD cable out of the back of the TV and because the TV is only a really stupid smaller wheelie stand… well it was an accident waiting to happen let’s just say.
I moved the TV only ever so slightly and it unhooked from the stand and because I couldn’t hold the weight of the TV it fell onto my arm and onto the Xbox.

I caused I think about £1,500 worth of damage as it left a large dent in the laminate floor. When my mom finally cooled down she came in with the great news that my Xbox is completely unharmed apart from a little mark from the TV, however the TV was a bit screwed up but it still worked.
Thankfully the TV screen didn’t smash and it didn’t do more damage to the Xbox because the corner landed on my arm instead. My left arm was completely out of action, as I couldn’t hold it up without it going numb so I think I sprained it slightly.
Lucky the TV would still turn on and seemed to be fine except that the edges were bright green and it would turn itself off every few minutes – yeah it was fine…

One of the strangest things about me is that I have horrid bad luck followed by extremely good luck. When I was packing my Xbox up for Uni I had to unplug the cable from the back of the TV and had move it slightly in order to do so. Well I turn the TV back on and low and behold it works perfectly, no green edges and no turning itself off. I fixed the TV without really doing anything.

Good Luck, no?

1 comment:

Louise Roberts said...

If you have bad luck and then good luck maybe you could play that bloody machine in the Soar Point for Joey ntil you actually win the DS!